Monday, January 27, 2014

Oh how the irony hurts!

So!  In my overly enthusiastic rush into this hobby, and scoffing, YES! scoffing at other who failed to immediately start construction on their cabs, stating excuse after excuse, and delay after delay... It seems that I too, have had delays, and a trove of excuses!

Here's a quick bullet list of the past SEVEN months:
  • Ongoing hardware problems
  • Remodeled half of my basement into a family room
  • Got laid off from my job of 7 years
  • Intense search for independent work/contract work
  • Started a fantastic new job! (January 6th)
  • Basement flooding due to warm spell during winter causing a rush of water against our foundation
  • Ensuing flood cleanup, water removal, dry-out, tear out damage, insurance/contractor dickery.. etc
Mix in with those highlights various regular life tasks and you have yourself a static blog and no arcade cabinet!

So now that things have sort of settled down again and income has once again stabilized, I hope to trudge forward and pick up where I have left off and intend to post weekly...




No comments:

Post a Comment