Thursday, March 28, 2013

Layout V1



Right now I'm pretty comfortable with this setup.  My only hesitations right now are the angled player 3 and 4 joysticks, and the trackball location.  I don't feel like I will require a spinner or dedicated 4-way.

I've heard many theories about angling joysticks, but unfortunately cannot test thing out for myself just yet.  It seems to make sense in my mind to do it, but I've read that this is very disorienting to player not having the joys aligned parallel to the screen.

The buttons will be illuminated by single dedicated colored led's with the exception of the trackball which I plan on having a RGB Led setup.

I'll be working on a 3d model of the cabinet and CP next, and see if the angled 3 & 4 player controls are ok and their visibility to the display won't be blocked.  I plan on having the TV fairly close to the front for the cab... but we will see.

2 comments: