Monday, March 18, 2013

Great Custom Layout

So in my many hours foraging through the forums over at ArcadeControls.com, I've come across a design that is nearly perfect.  It was created by forum member jarrett and was inspired by the fictional game Space Parinoids.  You can check out his project blog here.


I really like the front section, where the player one and two control are extended out for easy pinball play, mounting one or two buttons per side for flipper or tilt control.

Originally I was leaning toward the space saving Konami style CP layout.  I think this might be a bit better for the third and fourth player positions and still be nicer than the undesired Mame "surfboard" or "wing" look.

I was toying with the idea of having the coin reject button below the CP actually be the coin insert buttons.  But i'll need to check into the tech a bit more to see if it is feasible or not, I have not see that done in any of the projects I have seen to date.

UPDATE:
Yes, a quick post at Arcade Controls verified it is indeed possible to rig up the reject buttons as coin insert buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment